The Republican Study Committee is a group of Senate Republicans organized for the purpose of advancing a conservative, fiscally responsible, freedom protecting, ethical and strong economic agenda in the Georgia Senate. The Senate Republican Study Committee is dedicated to a limited and Constitutional role for the federal government thus protecting the rights of Georgia.
- Reform GA Income Tax Code
- Protect the Second Amendment
- Reform Entitlement Programs
- Protect the 10th Amendment
- Transparent/Ethical laws without limiting access for Georgians
- Promote Job Creation and Economic Growth
The Senate RSC will score all major legislation using the criteria listed below along with "favorable" or "non-favorable" rating.
- Does it create new or increase current taxes?
- Does it create a new government agency or function?
- Does it increase government power in a free market?
- Is it unconstitutional, or violate separation of powers?
- Does it increase debt?
- Does it perform a public function over the private sector?
- Does it redistribute wealth or use incentives to reward special interest groups?
- Does it promote equity and liberty justice for all?
The Senate RSC will communicate daily during the legislative session and have a report available online for all Senators and the public. The RSC will meet weekly to discuss business during the legislation session and monthly during the remainder of the year to set a legislative agenda and discuss policy. The Study Committee will only score major statewide legislation.
The Conservative Voice of Georgia